On October 17, 2015, Women in Medicine And Law For The Cure®, a grass roots organization composed of women in these two noble professions, will host the fourth annual PAINT THE PARKWAY PINK FUN RUN. This is a Stone Oak community event aimed to raise awareness & funds for breast cancer research for Susan G. Komen, in the form of a medical research grant.
Race entry fees include a donation to Women in Medicine and Law For The Cure® research. Participants receive a race t-shirt as well as awards for top finishers. Children participating in the race will receive ribbons and t-shirts.
A pre & post-race health fair will highlight some of the local health-conscious businesses. Activities, such as face painting, dancing, bouncy house and sport activities will be available. This morning will be fun and enjoyable for the whole family.
North Central Baptist Hospital
502 Madison Oak
San Antonio TX 78258
Schedule of Events:
Friday, October 16, 2015
- Time TBD = Packet Pick up at The Atrium – North Central Baptist Hospital
- 502 Madison Oak, San Antonio, TX 78258
Saturday, October 17, 2015
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. = Race Day Registration & Packet Pick-up
- 7:30 a.m. = Health Fair Opens
- 8:30 a.m. = Opening Ceremony and Warmup
- 9:00 a.m. = Kids Race & Diaper Dash begins
- 9:15 a.m. = 5K Walk / Run
- 10:00 a.m. = Awards (Overall Male, Overall Female, Survivor, Masters)
- Door Prize Drawings and Awards Ceremony
- 11:30 a.m. = Health Fair Closes
October 2012: “We are excited to add the first annual Paint The Parkway Pink to the fundraising efforts of Women In Medicine And Law,” said Dr. Jean Holt, president of Women In Medicine and Law for the Cure®. “It is a wonderful opportunity to promote healthy lifestyles while allowing for 100% of net proceeds to go to breast cancer research.”
*Dogs must be leashed with tags showing current vaccination date(s). Dog water station will be available.