On October 21, 2017, the Sixth Annual PAINT THE PARKWAY PINK FUN RUN will be held. This is a Stone Oak community event, hosted by North Central Baptist Hospital, and is part of the Baptist Breast Center THINK PINK campaign. This event is aimed to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. 100% of all entry fees will be forwarded to Susan G. Komen®, in the form of a restricted medical research grant to find a cure for breast cancer.
Registered participants in the 5K race, the one mile walk, the kid’s run, and the diaper dash will receive a race tshirt (adult and youth sizes available). Awards will be presented to the top finishers (overall and by age) in the 5K race. Only the 5K registrants will be timed. Children participating in the kid’s run will receive special prizes for completed laps. All of the events will be held in, or stage from, the North Central Baptist Hospital parking lot adjacent to the Atrium tower.
A pre and postrace health fair will highlight North Central Baptist Hospital and some of the local health-conscious businesses. A variety of fun events will be available. The morning will be fun and enjoyable for the entire family. The Baptist Breast Center is sponsoring a “VIP Survivor’s Tent” where survivors will enjoy special treatment.
Can’t make it to the 2017 Paint the Parkway Pink event in San Antonio? Then resister for our NEW virtual run! Just lace up your shoes and do something active to help support our cause! You can run outside, walk inside, work out on the elliptical or bike, or swim! There are no rules! We just ask that you participate on Oct 21, 2017, reflect on the cause to find a cure for breast cancer, and share your accomplishment with us online! If you register in time at the online registration site, you will receive the race shirt and medal by mail before the actual race day to wear and share with photos and comments.
North Central Baptist Hospital
502 Madison Oak (off Stone Oak Parkway)
San Antonio, Texas 78258
- 5K timed run
- One mile fun walk/run (untimed)
- Kids’ fun run (ages 2-8)
- Diaper Dash (ages 6 months to 2 years)
- Virtual Run
Schedule of Events:
- Online registration closes at midnight, Wednesday, October 18, 2016
- Registration in person and Packet pickup—Friday, October 20, 2016 @ TBA
- Location: Atrium lobby, North Central Baptist Hospital
- Race Day events—Saturday, October 21, 2017
- 7:30 am: Health Fair opens in parking lot adjacent to the Atrium
- 7:30 – 8:30 am: Race day registration for all sports events and packet pick-up for online registration
- Please note that race day registration will close at 8:30 am promptly to prepare for the race
- Race day registration for the 5K will be timed if completed by 8:30 am
- 8:30 am: Kids run and Diaper Dash events begin
- 9:00 am: Opening Ceremony and Star Spangled Banner
- 9:15 am: 5K race and one mile walk start
- 10:30 am: Awards Ceremony for 5K (see categories below)
- 11:30 am: Health Fair and events close
- 5K Run (timed):
- $30 if registered online by midnight, Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- $35 if register at packet pick-up on Friday, October 20 or onsite race day
- No registrations after 8:30 am on race day
- One mile walk (untimed)
- $20 if registered online by midnight, Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- $25 if register at packet pick-up on Friday, October 20 or onsite race day
- No registrations after 8:30 am on race day
- Kids Fun Run (untimed): ages 2 to 8 years
- $10 registration online, at packet pickup, and race day until 8:30 am
- Diaper Dash (untimed): ages 6 months to 2 years
- Free, includes t-shirt
- Virtual Run: $30 (Includes t-shirt and medal, shipped to you before race day)
- ***BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS ARE FREE***
REMEMBER THAT THE REGISTRATION FEE GOES TO BREAST CANCER RESEARCH TO FIND A CURE!
5K Top Awards:
- Top overall female and male
- Top Masters female and male (40 +)
- Top Breast Cancer Survivor
- Top Team Awards
- Largest team
- Most spirited team
- All kids 10 and under who complete the 5k will receive a special trophy
5K Award Age Categories (top 3 female and male):
- 10 – 19
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- 60 – 69
- 70 – 79
- 80 +
Kid’s Fun Run and Diaper Dash Information:
- All registered kids and diaper dash crawlers will received tshirts and “completion” ribbons
- For the Kid’s Fun Run, age groups 2-4 years, 4-6 years, 6-8 years will, in addition to ribbons, be able to win additional prizes
- If your child is 4 or 6 years of age, you may have him / her participate in either the younger group or the older group, according to your assessment
- Starting at 8:30 am, the kids (age groups starting with oldest) will complete laps around the designated run track in the time allotments below.
- Timing for age groups:
- Ages 6 – 8: 6 minute run
- Ages 4 – 6: 4 minute run
- Ages 2 – 4: 2 minute run
- Diaper Dash: Untimed, on a mat
- Kids run volunteers will count the number of laps for each child. Prizes will be redeemed at the “Kids’ Run Award” table.
- Everyone is a Winner—Except Breast Cancer!
- Course will Start and End on grounds of North Central Baptist Hospital
- 5K course will run through Independence Village and through Stone Oak neighborhoods
- One mile course will wind through Independence Village
- Courses will be well marked and distance is confirmed
- Strollers and pets allowed. Dogs must be leashed with up to date vaccinations readily visible on collars. Runners and walkers with strollers and pets must understand that no liability will be assumed by Paint the Parkway Pink for accidents or injuries caused by said strollers or pets.
- Teams for the 5K are encouraged—note when registering online there will be a special section to join a team or start a new team
- Please see “Parking” section for parking information
- Additional donations to Paint the Parkway Pink for breast cancer researchwill be welcome and appreciated!
- For questions regarding the Paint the Parkway events, please contact us at email@example.com
*Dogs must be leashed with tags showing current vaccination date(s). Dog water station will be available.